Spread out over 7,000 acres of land in La Romana, the opulent Casa de Campo Resort & Villas, a member of the prestigious Leading Hotels of the World portfolio, dominates the landscape. Featuring impressive hotel suites, as well as spectacular villas with private pools in lavish settings, the resort is perfect for all types of holiday maker. Couples, singles, families, groups… everyone is catered for here in the lap of luxury. Any resort with it’s own 16th century-style Mediterranean village, private marina, world class sports facilities and your own private 4 person golf cart complete with GPS is worth exploring!
- There are three championship golf courses one of which, Teeth of the Dog, is rated the number one course in the whole of the Caribbean. Upgrade to an Elite Patio or Elite Balcony Room for stunning views over the fairway.
- Visit Altos de Chavon, the resorts very own 16th century-style Mediterranean village complete with authentically styled shops, bars and restaurants. There’s even a nightclub tucked away up there where you can dance the night away!
- Time your travels right and you could take in a world class act such as Jennifer Lopez, U2, Elton John, Sting… just some of the acts that have performed at the breath taking 5,000 seater Grecian style amphitheatre situated within Altos de Chavon.
- Give clay pigeon shooting a try at the resort’s world class shooting centre. Guests receive a 25 round session per person, per week.
- Experience the thrill and majesty of polo on property. Casa de Campo plays host to one of only 7 officially recognised polo facilities in the world capable of hosting the world polo championships!
- All guests receive unlimited guided horseback riding at the most comprehensive stables in the Caribbean.
- Experience luxury at it’s finest at the Minitas Beach Club offering an ultra-modern surrounding, infinity pool and private cabanas with butler service available to hire.
- Plan your perfect day at the beach easily with everything you need from fresh towels, a casual little beach bar, the fantastic Epicurean food truck, luxurious sun loungers and most importantly, an absolutely stunning stretch of white powdery soft sand.
- Grab lunch at Pub Belly (excellent sushi restaurant included on the all-inclusive plan) down at the pretty marina and watch the boats go by.
- Head up to Altos de Chavon an hour or so before sunset, grab a cold drink and enjoy the most stunning vantage point to take in the sunset over the Altos river. Utilise the resorts complimentary shuttle service if you are planning on visiting the further areas of the resort or if you’re planning on having a few drinks!
- Give the complimentary non-motorised water sports a try at the water sports centre down on Minitas beach.
- Get your Andy Murray on at one of the resorts 13 ‘Har-Tru’ surfaced clay tennis courts, the fastest drying clay surface in the world! Book your tennis court early in the day or early afternoon, that sun can be unforgiving for those not acclimatised to exercise in the heat!
- Give your swing a try at the resorts driving range! You can even book a session with one of the resort pro’s to improve your technique whilst the kids have the time of their lives at Camp Frost, an American style summer camp where the action just keeps on coming!