Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel & Spa
About the hotel
Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel & Spa combines personalised service and unprecedented luxury within a relaxed intimate environment. Family is one of life's greatest treasures and this is a philosophy that the whole Calabash family passionately believes in. The team here are one large extended family and when you arrive, you'll immediately feel part of it. Set in a horseshoe layout, each stylish suite is a sleek haven, where Elemis skin care products come as standard. Every luxury is on offer, starting with breakfast served on your suite's private balcony, or on the beach, to excellent dining at Calabash's renowned restaurants. Unpretentious, gracious luxury moulds this sanctuary into the ideal romantic escape where its many accolades speak for themselves.
- Exquisite, family-run sanctuary with a bespoke feel
- Discover the spices and flavours of Grenada with world-renowned chef Gary Rhodes
- Voted #1 Hotel in the Caribbean by TripAdvisor's Traveller's Choice Awards 2017
At a glance
All suites benefit from the following amenities:
- Air conditioning and ceiling fans
- Full bathroom with walk-in shower, double sink and free-standing bathtub
- Towels and bath robes
- iPod docking station
- Large flat screen TV
- Complimentary wireless internet access
- Elemis skincare products
- Fully stocked mini bar and tea and coffee making facilities
- Balconies or patios where breakfast is served by your own personal maid
These open plan, upper floor suites are located in the central area of the property. Bask in gorgeous views over the gardens to the Caribbean Sea.
Positioned closest to the beach on the west side of the property, these suites benefit from a living area, and either a balcony or a verandah. Just steps from the beach, these stylishly decorated in cool tones, with hints of colour.
- Separate living and bedroom area
- Large flat screen TV with L shaped sofa
- Walk in dressing area
Either on the ground floor with a patio, or on the upper floor with a balcony, these luxurious suites offer stylish accommodation with views of the tropical gardens.
- Upper and lower floor suites
- Walk-in wardrobe, large balcony or patio
These lavish suites, located in the central area of the property, offer similar stylish amenities of the Superior Suites. The expansive terrace area offers the luxury of a private plunge pool and loungers.
- Private pool
- Free standing bath tub on the pool deck
This wonderful suite extends to 2,000sqft and is situated on the upper floor with views of the tropical gardens. The suite consists of a large bedroom that leads out onto a spacious balcony, a luxury marble tiled bathroom with a double shower, freestanding soaking tub, and a dressing room. The delightful sun deck with a swimming pool, the ideal location for your breakfast or an evening aperitif.
- Spacious open air, poolside lounge and dining room
Calabash is proud to be home to two of the best restaurants in Grenada, which consistently receive Certificates of Excellence through TripAdvisor.
The Rhodes Restaurant at Calabash serves an á la carte menu filled with locally grown seasonal produce. Inspired by Gary Rhodes mixing elegant cuisine with spices and flavours of Grenada, this eatery is popular with both locals and guests. Here, you'll have a world-class dining experience.
- Dinner: 19:00 - 21:30
The Beach Club
Situated on the sand where you can chill out, sip of cocktails, enjoy light bites, tapas and bask in the informal atmosphere. Chef Mark Banthorpe fell in love with the island's flavour, and this love lead him to create an exciting menu focused on Grenada's natural ingredients and spices.
- Lunch: 12:00 - 16:00
- Open: 11:30 - 18:00
Enjoy an al fresco breakfast, served á la carte as you look onto an immaculately-kept white sand beach. Each morning you can decide between breakfast on the beach with your toes in the sand or served on your suite's private balcony.
Nearby Gastronomic Experiences
- CaribSushi: Incredibly popular, and one of the best sushi restaurants this side of Japan. 5 mins from Calabash
- Le Papillion Cafe: Beautiful, little French café with a quirky menu. 5 mins from Calabash
- Umbrellas Beach Bar: A local hotspot off Grand Anse Beach offering casual daytime dining and cocktails on the beach. 7 mins from Calabash
- Sails Restaurant & Bar: Located on one of the most stunning harbours in the Caribbean. 15 mins from Calabash
- The Beach House Restaurant: Elegant family-run restaurant serving a Caribbean take on European dishes in a beachside setting. 10 mins from Calabash
- La Sagesse: Beautiful bay, excellent views, and food to die for. 25 mins from Calabash
- Petite Anse Bar and Restaurant: A great place to stop for a casual lunch on an island tour, with spectacular coastal views. 1hr from Calabash
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange
- Infinity pool
- Pool and beach towels
- Unlimited use of tennis courts
- Spa and wellness centre
- Daily maid service
- Laundry service
All Inclusive Package
Calabash offers an All Inclusive option that includes the following:
- A la carte breakfast prepared by your personal maid and served on your patio or balcony each morning
- Lunch at The Beach Club
- A la carte dinner in Rhodes Restaurant
- Afternoon tea
- Cocktails, mixed drinks, all soft drinks, house wine by the glass and local beers throughout the day
- Welcome cocktail and weekly manager’s cocktail party
- Non-motorised water sports
- Items from your in-suite mini bar
- Snorkeling equipment
- Hobie cat
- Stand up paddle boards
- Two floodlit tennis courts
Grenada is a diver's paradise, and has some of the very best reef and wreck dives in the Eastern Caribbean. With over 30 sites, both beginner and experienced divers havea a wide variety of exciting underwater excursions at your feet. Some of the best diving spots include the world’s first Underwater Sculpture Park, the Bianca C Ship Wreck, and Flamingo Bay.
Discover the calming spirit of The Spa at Calabash offering holistic treatments, yoga and other complete approaches to mental quietude, physical wellbeing and spiritual balance.
- Open: 09:00 - 17:00
Out and About
- Beaches: every Caribbean island raves about its beaches, but Grenada really does have some of the finest
- Rainforest: Grand Etang National Park and Forest Reserve is a sense-surround experience of nature in all her glory
- Dining: Grenadian cooking blends African, Asian and European traditions and with so many fresh ingredients on the doorstep
- Sandy Island: one of the most idyllic places in Grenada
- St. George’s: wander through the older part of the town and gaze at the colonial architecture, it's super scenic and snap-worthy