About the hotel
This famous, elegant boutique resort is as timeless today as in 1950. This 48-room enclave is an intimate affair in a secluded spot, 10-minutes from Ocho Rios. Each suite and cottage is adorned in crisp white and Wedgewood blue, set against a backdrop of lush greenery, vibrant flowers, and glistening blue waters. No wonder Marilyn Monroe loved this place. Holidaymakers seek this private enclave to escape busy lives, re-embrace loved ones, and enjoy the simple pleasures of living. Allow time to lose its urgency in the peaceful atmosphere by the outdoor pool on sun beds dotted around the terrace overlooking the sea and gardens. Swim in the calm Caribbean sea, take a leisurely stroll around impeccable grounds, and listen to 30 species of tropical birds. Always pleasant and never pretentious, indulge in impeccable service with friendly staff who sense your every need.
- Iconic, timeless boutique resort on an immaculate cresent-shaped beach
- Dine on Chef Maurice Henry's gourmet 6-course creations
- Voted #1 in Jamaica and the Caribbean by TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2017
At a glance
Jamaica Inn's crowning glory is its accommodations, spacious, impeccable and tasteful. Each suite or cottage provides beautiful ocean views.
- Private, furnished balcony
- Expansive verandah overlooking the secluded beach
- Air conditioning
- Beach towels
- Ceiling fan
- Complimentary WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Mini fridges (stocked upon request)
- Turn down service
Superior Balcony Suite
Soak up uninterrupted sea, beach and mountain views from the large balcony of these upper level suites as the sea breeze cools you.
Deluxe Verandah Suite
Well-appointed suites with a spacious living room-style verandah overlooking the Caribbean where you can simply walk out to the lawn to start a game of croquet or go to the beach.
Premier Verandah Suite
These gorgeous suites are located on the water in the West Wing, and right on the beach in the Beach Wing, featuring a spacious living room-style verandah. Additional Premier Verandah Suites are located in the East Wing.
The Cowdray Suite
Relax, take in the gorgeous sunset views over the sea and mountains from the extra-large verandah. A favourite of Lord Cowdray of Polo fame, these suites enjoy a large bathroom and a separate dressing room.
Perched on a bluff overlooking the Caribbean Sea and surrounded by alluring gardens, Clearwater Villa is an exquisite Jamaican villa experience. Three bedrooms in two separate cottages, a private swimming pool, and a walkway to the sea, you'll bask in ultimate privacy.
This luxurious one-bedroom Jamaica cottage is centrally located within the resort just steps from the beach. Walk onto the sand from the verandah or open the large shutters for extraordinary ocean views.
Cottage 3 & Cottage 4
These Jamaican cottages are spacious private sanctuaries boasting panoramic views of the Caribbean Sea. Each features a living room and bar area, infinity plunge pool, outdoor shower, and private entrance to the sea.
Jamaica Inn Cottages
Each available as a one- or two-bedroom accommodation, private Jamaica cottages are perched on a bluff with stunning ocean views. Cottages feature direct access to the sea and all have private infinity plunge pools.
This two-story one-bedroom haven is as breathtaking inside as the views beyond its French doors. From its access to a private cove in the sea to custom-made furnishings, you'll want to stay forever.
The White Suite
Extremely private on its own peninsula, the White Suite features a large bedroom, sitting area, and expansive private grounds with oceanfront sundeck and sweeping views of the Caribbean.
Savour delectable cuisine on your verandah, on the beach or at the acclaimed open-air Jamaica restaurant and enjoy gentle sea breezes, uninterrupted views, and attentive service.
Choose from a full menu of traditional favourites and local delights. Greet the day on the Restaurant Terrace overlooking the bay or in the convenience of the private verandah of your suite or cottage.
- Served: 07:30 - 10:30
Refuel mid-day on a selection of freshly made casual fare. Lunch is served at the seaside restaurant, at the Beach Bar, on the beach or on your verandah.
- Served: 13:00 - 14:30
Enjoy complimentary afternoon tea and an assortment of light snacks on the cocktail terrace.
- Served: 16:00 - 17:00
Cocktails and hors d'oeuvres
Start the evening with a drink on the cocktail terrace while enjoying complimentary hot and cold hors d'oeuvres.
- Served: 19:00 - 20:00
Dine on Chef Maurice Henry's gourmet creations under the stars while listening to live music every night. International cuisine infused with local Jamaican flavors highlights a changing nightly menu where you can choose six expertly prepared courses. Savor Caribbean lobster on Saturday Lobster night.
- Served: 19:30 - 21:30
Indulge in the freshest, finest room service dining as Jamaica Inn's unique experience is meticulously orchestrated by dedicated staff who will serve your meal course by course.
- Served: 07:30 - 23:00
For a truly romantic evening, arrange for a private dinner for two on champagne-coloured sands.
- Served: At the time of your choice
- Reservations recommended 24-hours before
Experience the joy of doing everything you wish at this luxury Jamaican sanctuary — even if that’s doing nothing at all.
- Afternoon tea
- Airport transfers
- Complimentary WiFi, in room and public areas
- Exercise room with stair climber, stationary bicycle, treadmill and free weights
- Garden tour
- Gift shop
- Laundry service
- Ocean Spa
- Library with TV and computer
- Meeting room for up to 42 guests
- Private beach dining
- Restaurant, lounge and beach bar
- Room service
- Swimming pool
- Wedding and event planning services
- Weekly Manager’s Cocktail Party
- Welcome drink
Stay entertained with a range of leisure activities all yours for the taking, including:
- Water aerobics
- Tennis court
- Beach cricket
- Horseback riding
- Non-motorised water sports
Water Sports Facilities
- Sunfish sailing
- Paddle boarding
Ocean Spa at Jamaica Inn
Experience the healing touch of nature and the vibrancy of the Caribbean culture at this oceanfront spa. Nestled within the cliffs of Cutlass Bay, the Ocean Spa offers a tranquil outdoor setting. Voted World Spa Awards Caribbean’s Best Hotel Spa & Jamaica’s Best Hotel Spa, 2016.
Out and About
Here are a few of our favourite Jamaican activities near Ocho Rios.
- Dunn's River Falls: take a boat ride and see the waterfalls from a totally different angle
- Turtle watching: the most active months for hatchings are August, September and October
- River Tubing at White River Valley: enjoy real Jamaican nature with a few rapids to keep you on your toes
- Bob Marley Mausoleum: historical artifacts including guitars, awards and photographs
- Shop & Cook with Chef Maurice: shop the local Farmer's Market with Executive Chef Maurice and head back for a cooking demonstration
- St. Ann Polo Club and Equestrian Centre: season runs from January through to the end of August
- Blue Mountain Bicycle Tour: enjoy a leisurely downhill bike ride through tropical rainforest and view the world famous Blue Mountain coffee plantations