About the hotel
Hidden along the pearlescent sands of Riviera Maya, Viceroy, a 41 villa adults-only sanctuary, presents the epitome of Riviera Maya's unpretentious luxury, accentuating the pristine qualities of its dramatic jungle and seaside setting. Unwind with yoga and spa treatments overlooking coastal splendour or get an insight into the history of Mexico's age-old liquor with authentic Tequila and Ceviche tasting sessions. You're personally welcomed upon arrival and led through the tropical forest paths to your palapa-roofed villa, decorated with natural materials and hand-stitched Egyptian cotton linens. A private butler sets the stage for romance with candles, music, wine, couples massages, three-course dinners, as much or as little as you desire. Viceroy's seven-mile beach begs you to go barefoot and stroll along its powdery sands, dipping in turquoise waters.
- Voted 6th Best Property in the World in 2016 Conde Nast Traveler Readers Choice Awards
- Nestled along a seven mile stretch of pearlescent sand
- Laid-back yet luxury adults-only resort allowing you to immerse yourself in Mexican culture
At a glance
The 41 private villas have various locations ranging from oceanfront and ocean view to verdant jungle garden. Each villa at Viceroy Riviera Maya features:
- Over 1000 square feet of secluded space
- Outdoor terrace replete with chaise lounge, dining table, handmade crochet hammock
- Private outdoor showers
- Spacious bathrooms equipped with a standing shower, his and hers separate sinks and generous closets
- All beds feature Egyptian cotton sheets, duvet covers and glorious down pillows
- Heated private plunge pool and outdoor rain shower
- King-size beds with Egyptian cotton bedding
- Spacious dressing area with his-and-hers closets
- Bathrooms with double-sink vanity, standing shower and luxury toiletries
- Italian linen bathrobes and slippers
- Satellite cable television with DVD player and movie library
- iHome docking station
- Complimentary WiFi
- Mini bar
- Full air-conditioning
- Body and hair care by Neil George
Truly relax in stand-alone 1,00 square foot Luxury Villas surrounded by lush jungle foliage. The oversized patio is complete with a private plunge pool, outdoor rain shower and a hammock and sitting area. The resort’s Mayordomo Butler Service provides the villas with special amenities, including a personalized selection of hand-made soaps and a pillow menu.
Secluded by sumptuous jungle foliage, the Royal Villas’ generous patio features a raised, wood sundeck for private sunbathing, an outdoor rain shower and a hammock overlooking the kidney-shaped plunge pool. A nightly turndown service features aromatherapy with the spa’s signature coco copal scent.
Tucked along the edge of the Mayan jungle, Viceroy Riviera Maya’s Signature Villas provide extreme privacy, beauty and easy access to the water’s edge. Relax and rejuvenate.
The Premium Villas offer an unparalleled level of seclusion, nestled within the verdant gardens of the resort and just steps from the beach. Relax with over 1,700 square feet of total living space in a romantic setting.
Ocean View Villa
Featuring views of the resort and partial views of the ocean and Caribbean coastline, the Ocean View Villas are perfectly situated right off the beach and near the resort’s pool. Each villa has spacious bathrooms with deep soaking tubs and his-and-hers sinks.
Ocean View Two Level Villa
Surrounded by lush greenery for complete privacy, the 2,900 square-foot Ocean View Two Level Villa is a masterpiece of Mayan-inspired design, featuring rich woods, sumptuous materials and natural rattan. The elegant and spacious first floor features a lounge and dining area and full guest bathroom, with louvered mahogany doors and windows that open onto the private patio’s hammock, over-sized chaise lounges and private swimming pool. A spiral wooden staircase leads to the Villa’s plush master bedroom, complete with king-size bed and mahogany bureaus with steel-and-leather drawer pulls. The bedroom opens onto an over-sized, ocean-view terrace complete with a round chaise for two, a crocheted hammock and dining area for catered meals or cocktails under the moon or as the sun sets.
Set on the edge of the resort’s pristine white beach, the Beach Front Villas offer full ocean views and instant access to the sand and waves. Each villa has a generous indoor and outdoor living space with an exterior rain shower and personal plunge pool overlooking the ocean.
Dine anywhere, anytime at Viceroy Riviera Maya.
La Marea Restaurant
Celebrates Mexico’s rich and diverse culinary heritage that employs distinctive methods of preparation and a wealth of fresh ingredients to create a tableaux of flavours with subtle spicing and food combinations.
- Dinner: 18:30 - 22:30
Coral Grill & Bar The Viceroy Riviera Maya
Set by the sand with magnificent vistas of the turquoise Caribbean water, Coral Grill features "Al fresco cuisine" that focuses on locally caught and responsibly-fished seafood, local organic produce as well as homemade pizzas baked in the wood-fired oven. The open-air restaurant allows guests to savour every bite while the warm Caribbean breeze and the smell of salt kissed air dazzles their scenes.
- Open: 07:00 - 22:30
Evoking the residential feel of a luxurious living room, the Library Lounge offers comfortable and intimate seating areas where guests enjoy favourite beverages, snacks, and even a good book.
The 500-bottle cellar boasts a wide selection of noted wines from around the world, as well as acclaimed wines from boutique Mexican wineries.
Antojeria Mexican Street Food
Watch as the outdoor surroundings of Coral Grill are transformed to a traditional Mexican street food affair. The different stations feature fresh fish, grilled steaks and chickens along with a generous selection of tapas and garnishes.
- Tuesdays: 18:30 - 22:30
Tequila and Ceviche Tasting
Curated by a Tequila Maestro, indulge in an afternoon of savory ceviche and tequila tastings. With a generous serving of a regional tequila, paired with a fresh selection of ceviche tapas, guests will savour every bite while enjoying intriguing conversation surrounding the history behind aged old tequila.
- Wednesdays: 11:00 - 17:00
Friday Night Beach BBQ
Join us every Friday night for our weekly beach BBQ. Kick off your shoes and let your toes sink into the sand as you enjoy savory grilled favourites like steak, shrimp or fish followed by a sweet and refreshing cocktail, all complemented by the sounds of the ocean and smell of surf.
- Fridays: 18:30 - 22:30
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Spa services on site
- Concierge services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Room service
- Valet parking
- Safe-deposit box
- Security guard
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning service
- Video library
- Poolside bar
- Spa tub
- Restaurants in hotel
- Limousine or town car service available
- Multilingual staff
- Gift shop
- Tour assistance
- Airport transportation
Guests at Viceroy Riviera Maya can enjoy seven miles of white sand beach and an array of things to do in Playa del Carmen on property or nearby. Popular activities include:
- Deep seawater fishing
- Diving lessons and certification are available
- Horseback riding
- Windsurfing and parasailing
- Bird watching and nature walks
- Golf and driving range
- Jungle tours
- Sky diving
- Xcaret: privately owned eco-archaeological park in Mexico
- Cozumel: an island of quiet cool and genuine authenticity boasting some of the best reefs in the world
- Xel-Ha: world's largest natural aquarium, a snorkeller's Mecca
- Tulum: ideal combination of total relaxation and rich activities including ruins
- Cancun: famous white-sand beaches, sophisticated seafood restaurants, shameless party scene
- Coba: the Maya ruins at Cobá are unique in that only a few of its estimated 6,500 structures have been uncovered
- Isla Mujeres: Mexico at its most serene
- Sian-Khan: a UNESCO World Heritage site near Tulum. Discover mangrove, fauna, and flora from a kayak
- Chichen Itza: a few hours drive toward Yucatán will lead you to this Mayan architectural treasure
Explore the tide pools and underwater world just steps from the resort. The private pier provides access past the break waters to a magical underwater view of local sea life. Take the opportunity to have your spa treatment performed above the waters of the Caribbean at the end of the pier. This peaceful experience will leave you rejuvenated and refreshed.
This lively yet relaxing Library evokes the residential feel of a luxurious lviing room and extends onto an open-air patio for premium ocean views. Meet friends for signature pre-dinner cocktails or enjoy one of the restaurant's most famous deserts overlooking a Maya sunset. The Library also hosts Tequila and Ceviche teastings by their Maestro Tequilero.
Located at the center of our luxury Riviera Maya resort amidst a lush tropical landscape, the spa's circular configuration echoes the holistic philosophy that guides The Spa at Viceroy Riviera Maya experience and inspires our marine and herbal treatments. Highly trained staff helps to restore, rejuvenate and refresh guests through the massages, facials, body treatments and body wraps that are offered.
- 2 steam rooms
- 2 jacuzzis
- Indoor and outdoor couples suites
- Yoga lessons at the pier
- His and hers dressing areas
- Jungle spa suite
- Open: 09:00 - 21:00
- Reservations to be made 24-hours in advance
Viceroy Hotels and Resorts deliver one-of-a-kind lifestyle experiences that bring together provocative design and intuitive service in some of the world's most sought-after destinations. Viceroy Hotels and Resorts redefine the very concept of boutique and luxury hospitality.